Adam Jay Scheiner MD | Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania Medical School, Philadelphia, PA Grant Liu MD | Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania Medical School, Philadelphia, PA
Vision: 20/15 OU Pupils: Reactive OU, No relative afferent pupillary defect Color vision: HRR 19/20 OD 20/20 OS External:
Lid crease height
Motility: See Figure 1 Slit lamp examination: Within normal limits OU Fundus examination: Within normal limits OU Neurologic examination:
- Mental Status Exam: Able to remember 3/3 objects. Difficulty with spelling and math as baseline.
- Cranial Nerves: II-XII tested and intact
- Motor: 5/5 strength throughout
- Sensory: intact to temperature throughout
- Cerebellar: slightly slow rapid movements
- Gait: normal toe and heel. some difficulty with toe to heel gait.
- Deep Tendon Reflexes: 3+ throughout. toes downgoing
Figures 1a-1c. The above photographs demonstrate the patients attempts to look to the right, straight, and left respectively. Note the patient's ptosis OS and the limitations in motility OU. This patient also was noted to have nystagmus at extremes of lateral gaze.