MEEI Grand Rounds Videos
Most Recent Cases
Type of Case
with DJO to receive personalized updates.
If you're already a
A 59 year old woman with acute visual field loss
Digital Journal of Ophthalmology 2004
Volume 10, Number 9
September 15, 2004
Martyn P Carey
| University of Birmingham
George A Shin-Shin
| Wolverhampton Eye Infirmary
DIAGNOSIS AND DISCUSSION
A 59 year old woman presented with a six days history of acute awareness of decreased vision in the left eye and not being able to see the right half of peoples faces.
- Migraine for 15 years, always on left side.
- Hysterectomy six years ago
- Idiopathic pleural effusion eight months ago.
- 4 kg of weight gain for several months
- Hormone replacement therapy patches
- Sumatriptan 50mgm tablets for migraine.
- Father died of ischaemic heart disease 11years ago
Copyright ©2017. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without expressed written permission of the Digital Journal of Ophthalmology is prohibited.