This is the pathology of an enucleated eye under high magnification using a hematoxylin and eosin stain.
1. What is the diagnosis?
2. What are the pathological findings shown?
3. What part of the enucleated eye needs to be examined in this patient and why?
4. Assuming that the other eye is normal, what is the likelihood that this condition was inherited?
5. If the patient inherited this condition, is he likely to develop other systemic disease?
6. What is the overall survival rate for this condition in the United States?