Figures 1-3. This is a patient who had 20/20 vision OU and was found to have these fundus and fluorescein findings.
Questions and Answers
1. What is the most likely diagnosis? Answer: Sjogren's reticular dystrophy of RPE, characterized by an accumulation of dark pigment in a meshwork or fishnet-like pattern. This is an extremely rare condition.
2. What is the inheritance pattern of this condition? Answer: Autosomal recessive
3. Does the pigmentary pattern in this condition change over time? Answer: The network of pigment starts centrally, then extends toward the periphery in later stages of the disease, and finally disappears.
4. How is the vision affected? Answer: Vision is usually unaffected in this condition
5. What would an ERG SHOW in this condition? Answer: Both full field and foveal ERGs are normal.