Figures 1-2. Ultrasound of a 67 year old patient complained of gradual loss of vision OS over one week peroid of time. History of DM for three years. No previous ocular surgeries. On exam, there is no view of the fundus due to vitreous hemorrhage. Ultrasound is requested to rule out posterior segement pathology.
1. Describe the findings of the B-scan ultrasound
2. What would your first diagnostic interpretation of this exam be and what is the correct diagnosis?
3. What ultrasound features of the exam strongly suggest the diagnosis?
4. What clinical information would be important in your diagnosis?
5. What would be the best clinical approach?